ACQUISITION

Leeds West

GHE Stansfeld

Client: GHE Stansfeld

  • Acting on behalf of GHE Stansfeld, Gent Visick acquired the former Symphony Kitchens factory in Leeds.

GHE Stansfeld (UK) Ltd, a steel stockholding company and family business which can trace its Leeds roots back to 1857 have relocated relocated its operations to a new facility at Leeds West, off Gelderd Lane in Leeds.

The current business was created from the acquisition of John Stansfeld by GHE (UK) Limited in 2006 and since then the new company has experienced an increase in its customer base necessitating a move to larger premises. Post acquisition growth has been spearheaded by current directors Jean, Rodger and Graeme Hallas.

Gent Visick, the commercial property specialists, who acted on behalf of GHE, acquired the freehold interest in the warehouse facility which extends to some 29,362 sq. ft. and benefits from 4 ground level loading doors, a large concrete yard area and the ability to install craneage.

Rodger Hallas, Director of GHE Stansfeld (UK) Ltd, said; “The acquisition of our new facility at Leeds West will enable us to operate more efficiently and provide us with adequate room for expansion in the foreseeable future. We had been looking for a suitable building for a while and for us to move it had to be right. When Leeds West was introduced to us it met all of our requirements and was too good an opportunity to lose.”

Daniel Walker, Surveyor at Gent Visick who acquired the facility commented; “We were delighted to source and negotiate a deal of this nature for GHE. In the current market it is always a challenge for occupiers to secure their ideal premises, especially on a freehold basis.”